Assistant professor Johnny Lupinacci has been awarded an Alaska Airlines Travel Award.
The travel grant is given to faculty, graduate students, and undergraduate students working in areas related to the university’s Imagine Tomorrow competition. As part of the airline’s three-year title sponsorship of the competition, it agreed to commit three million airline miles to WSU. The miles will be distributed over three years, with the first million starting this year.
Lupinacci is in his third year as faculty of the college’s Cultural Studies and Social Thought in Education program. He researches social justice, and environmental equity.
The following are the Imagine Tomorrow research or activity categories:
- Food, Energy and Water
- The Boeing Aerospace Challenge
- The NARA Biofuels Challenge
- The McKinstry Built Environment Challenge
The travel that is award by Alaska Airlines must be for:
- Attending external conferences, industry events or presentations.
- Bringing an expert(s) to campus for lectures or events related to the above categories.