A $400,000 grant will help aid a collaborative effort to increase the number of Native teachers and administrators, as well as help train those who teach Native culture and history.
Improving EL Instruction
Five college faculty have won a five-year, $2.2 million grant to increase bilingual teachers and English learners (EL) endorsements, as well as improve EL instruction in the classroom.
Keepin’ it real
Amy Roth McDuffie has received a $1.5 million NSF grant to improve real-world math; strategies teachers can use in their own classrooms.
Not done learning; teaching
Kathy Nitta is both an award-winning Gonzaga lecturer, and WSU Mathematics and Science Education doctoral candidate.
- Education Eclipse (podcast)
- EduCoug (blog)
- Dean’s Perspectives (blog)
- College photo gallery (Flickr)
- Coeur d’Alene Partnership Program
- Clearinghouse on Native Teaching and Learning
- Plateau Center for American Indian Studies