Undergraduate Student Services – Academic Advising
Our advisors are dedicated to helping students succeed in all aspects of their academic careers here at WSU. This includes providing assistance with creating schedules each semester that will keep students moving towards degree completion, providing resources to help students navigate college life, as well as career guidance as students prepare to take that next big step.
Athletic Training (admitted to major)
Pre Athletic Training / Sports Medicine
Teacher education (last names A-L)
Teacher education (last names M-Z)
Here are a few tips to help you prepare for your advising appointment:
- All correspondence will be sent to your assigned WSU email address. This is a university policy! You are responsible for checking this email address regularly and being apprised of any notices sent.
- You must meet with an advisor every semester to have your advising hold released! Sign up sheets will be posted outside of Student Services, Education Addition 316. An email will be sent to all students notifying them when the sign up sheets are posted. Be sure to schedule your appointment prior to your registration date.
- Review the advising/program sheet for your major and create a tentative schedule for the upcoming semester before you visit with your advisor. The WSU Catalog is a good resource.
- Write down any questions you have for your advisor so you do not forget before you get to your appointment.
- If you have not already done so, create a file for your advising records and forms that you complete during your time at WSU. This file of information will be helpful for future advising appointments and for checking your graduation requirements.
- Take responsibility for your academic career at WSU. Advisors are here to assist you but you are also responsible for ensuring you meet program requirements and important deadlines.