Undergraduate Student Services – Academic Advising
Our advisors are dedicated to helping students succeed in all aspects of their academic careers here at WSU. This includes providing assistance with creating schedules each semester that will keep students moving towards degree completion, providing resources to help students navigate college life, as well as career guidance as students prepare to take that next big step.
Advising appointments are available by Zoom or in-person. You can schedule an appointment by clicking the “Schedule Appointment” button under an advisor’s name below. If you need assistance, please contact us at (509)335-4855 or email@example.com.
**Students interested in teaching a specific subject at the secondary level are advised by and get a degree in the subject area they want to teach. Advising contact information for secondary education content areas can be found here.
(admitted to major)
Pre Athletic Training /
(last names A-L)
(last names M-Z)
Preparing for your advising appointment
- Watch your WSU email for announcements and updates from your advisor! All correspondence will be sent to your assigned WSU email address. You are responsible for checking this email address regularly and being apprised of any information sent.
- Meet with an advisor every semester to have your advising hold released and ensure you are on track! Be sure to schedule your appointment prior to your registration date.
- Review your advisement report and the advising/program check sheet for your major and create a tentative schedule for the upcoming semester before you visit with your advisor. The WSU Catalog is a good resource.
- Write down any questions you have for your advisor so you do not forget before you get to your appointment.
- Take responsibility for your academic career at WSU. Advisors are here to assist you but you are also responsible for ensuring you meet program requirements and important deadlines.