College of Education
Strategic Plan and Guiding Principles
The College of Education’s Strategic Plan and Guiding Principles includes its vision, mission, values, and strategic priorities.
We will be one of the nation’s preeminent colleges of education through innovation in research and discovery, teaching and learning, and responsive engagement.
We’re committed to our land-grant heritage and tradition of service to society. Our mission supports the larger WSU mission and is three-fold:
- Advance knowledge through scholarly and applied research.
- Develop globally-aware and culturally-competent students, leaders, educators, and scholars.
- Enhance education, thus contributing to quality of life for individuals, families, and communities.
- Integrity, Trust, and Respect: We are committed to an environment built on trust, respect, honesty, professional integrity, high expectations, courtesy, and compassion for others. We will do this by embracing inclusive and non-discriminatory practices in all we do.
- Diversity: We are committed to fostering critical perspectives about social justice and diversity. This includes the genuine attempt of each of us individually to understand how diversity manifests itself.
- Quality and Excellence: We are committed to providing quality and excellence in all our endeavors.
- Stewardship and Accountability: We are committed to serving as ethical and responsible stewards of university resources. We own our goals and fulfill our commitments. We take responsibility for our actions and results.
- Global Perspective: We are committed to developing cultural competence, and understanding perspectives other than our own, through respectful communication and interaction with others.
- Research: We are committed to conducting quality research, developing innovative research protocols, publishing in premier journals, and preparing students to engage in research.
- Leadership Development: We are committed to developing professional and responsible future leaders.
- Science Technology, Engineering, and Math (STEM): We are committed to developing improved STEM student and faculty pipelines, as well as conducting research in STEM areas.
To view as PDF: Strategic Plan and Guiding Principles