You know your stuff. Here is how you can teach it.
Teacher candidates complete coursework that leads to an endorsement in a teaching subject approved by Washington state.
For our students who plan to teach grades K-8, they will pursue an endorsement in elementary education.
For WSU students who plan to teach specific subjects (such as high school history or music), those students will complete a major in that area of expertise, and will choose the teacher preparation option.
Specific subject teaching certificate programs
Candidates who want to teach specific subjects shall declare a major and meet the degree and endorsement requirements of the subject-matter department, and complete the Secondary Education Professional Core Requirements. To enhance employment opportunities, it is recommended that candidates complete requirements for an additional endorsement.
Secondary education professional core requirements
(Below you will find contact information for an advisor outside of the College of Education for each specific content area)
- Biological Science – Advisor: Susan Schroeder, (509) 335-1483, email@example.com
- Chemistry – Advisor: Jeremy Lessman, (509) 335-2098, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choral Music – Advisor: Martin King, email@example.com
- Earth and Space Science
- Elementary Education
- English Language Arts –
- French – Advisor: Laurie Heustis, (509) 335-4136, firstname.lastname@example.org
- History – Advisor: Frank Hill, (509) 335-5670, email@example.com
- Instrumental Music – Advisor: Martin King, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mathematics – Advisor: Molly Clayton, (509) 335-6868, email@example.com
- Music – Advisor: Martin King, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Studies – Advisor: Frank Hill, (509) 335-5670, email@example.com
- Spanish – Advisor: Laurie Heustis, (509) 335-4136, firstname.lastname@example.org
Career and Technical Education
- Agriculture – Advisor: Anna Warner, (509) 335-1172, email@example.com
- Family and Consumer Sciences – Advisor: Debbie Handy, (509) 335-2935, firstname.lastname@example.org