Ed leadership is a statewide program
WSU’s Educational Leadership program offers:
- Graduate studies at the masters and doctoral levels. These offer specializations in the K-12 educational leadership.
- Administrator certification programs for the superintendent, residency principal, and residency program administrator certificates.
Above: Because Paul Elery wants to be a school district leader someday, he enrolled in WSU's superintendent certification program. He can do this while still on the job at Harvard Elementary in the Franklin Pierce School District.
Preparing future leaders
WSU Educational Leadership Program faculty are dedicated to meeting students’ needs as current and future K-12 educational leaders and to preparing future professors for work in academia.
The program provides a balance and integration of practical experience, theory, and research and aims to prepare educational leaders who function as scholar-practitioners.
WSU’s Educational Leadership program is one of 70 doctoral-granting programs nationwide selected for membership in the University Council for Educational Administration, a national consortium dedicated to the improvement of educational leadership preparation and practice. WSU’s graduate students have the opportunity to participate in UCEA’s annual convention and other professional activities.
WSU’s administrator certification programs are organized around the national ISLLC (Interstate School Leaders Licensure Consortium)standards, which have been adopted as the certification standards for Washington State licensure.. WSU’s innovative cohort-based and field-based certification programs for principals and superintendents promote a close professional network. Faculty members for certification programs have extensive experience as school principals and/or central office administrators.
Priority deadline is January 10 for fall admission.
- Michele Acker-Hocevar
- Gail Furman
- Gordon Gates
- Jim Howard
- Kristin Huggins
- Joan Kingrey
- Forrest W. Parkay
- Paul Pitre
- Gay V. Selby
- Danny Talbot
- American Educational Research Association
- National Association of Elementary School Principals
- Association of Washington School Principals
- National Association of Secondary School Principals
- American Association of School Administrators
- Washington Association of School Administrators
- University Council for Educational Administration
Office of Graduate Studies
Pullman, WA 99164
(509) 335-7016 or
The WSU Superintendent Certification Program is hiring a new director. Read more.