The Ed.M. is a non-thesis program designed for those preparing for K-12 leadership positions.
The program requires:
- A total of 35 semester hours.
- At least 32 semester hours of graded course work.
- At least two semester hours of EdAd 702 for completion of a comprehensive written examination.
While we are one college across multiple campuses, each campus may have slight variances in the delivery of the program. Please visit the page of the campus closest to where you live and work.
Application, admissions, and other questions
Applications for the Ed.M. program as well as the combined Ed.M. plus Administrator Certificate are revised and available in January of each year. For more information, or to request an application, please contact the appropriate academic coordinator.
Pullman: Kelly McGovern, firstname.lastname@example.org, 509-335-9195
Spokane: Jennifer Gallagher, email@example.com, 360-546-9075
Tri-Cities: Jennifer Gallagher, firstname.lastname@example.org, 360-546-9075
Vancouver: Jennifer Gallagher, email@example.com, 360-546-9075
Both the Ed.M. program and the Ed.M. plus Administrator Certificate programs admit students to begin in either summer (May) or fall (August).
- Summer applicants: submit applications by March 1, but no later than April 1. Late applications will be accepted on a space available basis through April 15.
- Fall applicants: submit applications by June 1, but no later than July 1. Late applications will be accepted on a space available basis through August 1
NOTE: Degree and certification programs in Educational Leadership do not accept State of Washington tuition waivers. This includes the following graduate programs: Ed.M., M.A., Ed.D., and Ph.D., as well as these certification programs: principal, program administrator, and superintendent.