College of Education
Block II – Practicum (TCH_LRN 469)
The Advanced Field Experience (TCH_LRN 469) provides preservice teachers with an opportunity to work in a 6-12 classroom the semester before student teaching. This classroom experience provides preservice teachers with the opportunity to:
- Assist the teacher in developing curriculum.
- Assist in organizing the classroom for various activities.
- Assist students with learning activities.
- Develop and teach some of their own lessons.
- Apply and refine the concepts and theories learned in education courses within a 6-12 classroom.
- Develop a greater sense of how understanding learners, understanding teaching, and understanding learning work together in the classroom .
- Understand how national and state standards (EALRS) are applied to teaching and learning in the classroom.
- Apply their content area knowledge through teaching in the classroom.
- Assess and document their own ability to positively impact student learning and well-being.
- Further develop a sense of who they are as potential teachers and how they would like to mentor, teach, and manage students.
- Explore the assessment process that will be used to evaluate their student teaching performance (edTPA)
- Practicum Exit Slip