Learning Outcomes means beyond earning a degree, students must attain knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Upon completion of the BA in Education degree program, students will be able to:
- Use enduring content and pedagogical knowledge to inform their teaching (know content, critically evaluate literature on effective practice).
- Develop relevant, rigorous, and developmentally appropriate curricula (critically evaluate and apply literature on development, learning).
- Modify curriculum and instruction based on the individual needs of their students (address diversity in teaching/learning).
- Use assessment of their students’ learning and their own teaching to inform future planning and teaching (reflect on P-12 student learning outcome data, problem solve, critically evaluate literature on effective practice for use in classroom).
- Attend to the social and civic development of their students.
- Work respectfully & collaboratively with colleagues & community to ensure quality instructional programs & stewardship of public schools.