We want you in our program!
Here is what you need to do to make that happen!
Program application review occurs each fall and spring. Interested students apply in February for fall admission and in September for spring admission.
Meeting minimum application requirements makes a student eligible to apply, but does not guarantee admission. Enrollment is limited and admission is competitive.
**The application for this semester is now closed. If you still need to apply to program this semester, please email Ashley Herridge.**
Here is what we will be looking for:
- A completed application. Please be sure to complete the correct application below. There are separate applications for elementary and secondary.
Elementary Education Application – Pullman Campus – CLOSED
Secondary Education Application – Pullman Campus – CLOSED
- Personal goals statements will be submitted with your application in the link above. **PLEASE SUBMIT THIS DOCUMENT IN THE APPLICATION AS A PDF.**
- We require 80 hours of recent educational experience with children or youth and 20 of these hours must be with students from diverse populations or attending cultural events. You do not need to submit these hours at the time you submit your application. Your hours are due by the last day of instruction for the term in which you are applying. **PLEASE SUBMIT THIS DOCUMENT IN THE APPLICATION AS A PDF.*
- Complete at least 45 semester hours of coursework, which includes very specific courses, as outlined in the above-posted application.
- Complete an interview. Interview details are provided in the applications.
- Meet minimum basic skills requirements in reading, writing, and math. This can be fulfilled through scores on the SAT, ACT, or WEST-B. See Basic Skills Testing page.
- Have earned a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 at WSU
Secondary education majors:
To teach a specific subject in middle school or high school, you must complete a bachelor’s degree in the subject you choose. In addition to the classes for your declared major, you must complete core professional education coursework within the College of Education to earn teacher certification in a particular subject.
* Please consult the WSU General Catalog for course planning. You must meet the requirements outlined in the catalog in order to graduate.
Please email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.