Venue – SPARK Building (click here for google map)
Parking for venue – an invite will be sent to all registrants so they can claim their parking permit when they arrive. If you don’t want parking, you can just ignore the email.
Banquet – Paradise Creek Brewery (click here for google map)
Be aware. Pullman has hills that can be a challenge to walk. Your gait speed will be slower in Pullman.
Guest wireless (click here for info)
Traveling to Pullman
Driving to Pullman
Coming from the West or North? Make sure you obey the speed limits through Colfax WA. They are sticklers about speeds through their town. Below are the driving times from several locations:
Seattle: About 5 hours
Portland: About 6 hours
Vancouver: About 7.5 hours + border time
Bozeman: About 7.5 hours
Boise: About 6 hours
Flying to Pullman
Pullman has direct flights from Seattle and Boise.
Lewiston airport is 30 minutes south.
Spokane airport is 75 minutes north.
Where to stay when here
Hotels in Pullman
Holiday Inn Express:
Address: 1190 SE Bishop Blvd, Pullman, WA 99163
Phone: (509) 334-4437
The negotiated room rates are:
$115 on Thursday, May 19
$139 on Friday and Saturday.
Reservations need to be made by May 3. Book online at this link directly: Northwest Biomechanics Symposium OR call the hotel directly at 509-334-4437 and mention the Northwest Biomechanics Symposium Block to reserve.
Courtyard by Marriot:
Address: 1295 NE North Fairway Rd, Pullman, WA 99163
Phone: (509) 332-1500
The negotiated room rates are:
$119 USD – 129 USD per night
Reservations need to be made by May 1. Book your group rate at Courtyard for NWBS. You will find the information for your online reservation link here. If you have questions or need help with the link, please do not hesitate to ask.
Residence Inn and Courtyard by Marriot are on the Northeast edge of campus. They will be a little further away from our venue and downtown banquet.
Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inn, and Nendels Inn are Southwest of campus, but closer to our venue.
Hotel McCoy and Cougar Land motel are downtown and close to our banquet and not too far of a walk to our venue.
Dorms on Campus
1459 NE Stadium Way, Pullman, WA 99163
Cost per night: Single = $40.75, Double $63 ($31.50/each) with two people,
To register for a residence hall room, please fill out the form at this link: https://wsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_9MpDnmtSQFSJEYC
Note that fees for residence hall will need to be paid in advance to Anita Vasavada by Venmo (@AnitaVasavada). If this will not work for you, please contact Anita at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline to sign up and pay for a dorm room is May 13th.
Here is a link to see what this dorm is like. Not to register for it.
Good places to eat around Pullman
- Chinese: Tan’s Chinese. Robert always gets the Mongolian Beef. Some of the authentic dishes are fun to try too.
- Breakfast: Old European for the sausage Æbleskivers or the German potato pancakes. Zoe’s is good for some more modern dishes.
- Yia Yia Nikki’s for some Greek, the locations at Lumbaryard and on campus have indoor seating. The location on the south side of town only has drive-thru and outdoor seating.
- Sella’s Pizza is known for their calzone and thick pizza, but I think they have the best Italian sausage sandwich
- If you want a flat pizza, try Porchlight
- Lumberyard is good if you have a group of people with a wide variety of tastes
- Tin Tan Tacos for…..you guessed it, TACOS
- Ferdinand’s for our own WSU creamery ice cream
- Trailside taproom just to sit down for a beer, bring your own food though
- Josh likes O-Ramen for some ramen