- The three-step application process
- Graduate School's online application
- Departmental application
- Requirements by specialization
- Graduate Assistantships
The following information is for those planning to attend WSU's Pullman campus. For information about applying for education graduate programs on other campuses, please click on WSU Spokane, WSU Tri-Cities, or WSU Vancouver.
The priority deadline for admission to most graduate programs in the College of Education is January 10 for fall admission. Applicants meeting this deadline will have first priority for full consideration into the programs, as well as for available assistantships and funding. Applications received between January 11 and March 15 may be reviewed on a space-available basis.
The Masters in Teaching program application deadline is November 18.
The statement of purpose/letter of intent, resume and writing sample are to be uploaded during the Graduate School’s on line application process. If you upload these documents to your Graduate School application, you are not required to send a separate hard copy to the College of Education. However, please be sure to mail a copy of your supplemental information form or application packet if you are applying to the MIT program to the Office of Graduate Studies as this document can not be uploaded.
- Apply to the WSU Graduate School.
- Submit supplemental information form or MIT application packet to the College of Education Office of Graduate Studies.
- Follow up with Graduate School and College of Education Office of Graduate Studies to ensure all materials have been received by the deadline.
- Online application form. During this process you will be required to submit:
- $75 application fee for 1st application; $5 for 2nd application; $75 for each application thereafter
- Names and email addresses of three people from whom letters of recommendation will be requested. Be sure to review program application requirements for specific criteria that must be addressed in the letters.
- All of the items below are to be uploaded to your Graduate School application. Please check the specific requirements for the specialization to which you intend to apply. MIT applicants must submit the entire application packet to the College of Education Office of Graduate Studies.
- All programs require a letter of intent, application essay, or objective statement.
- A current resume is required for application to some programs.
- An academic writing sample is required for application to some programs.
- Official transcripts sent directly from the Registrar of any institution(s) previously attended
- Some programs require examinations such as the GRE, WEST-B and WEST-E
- You must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Supplemental information form or MIT application packet
Department of Educational Leadership and Counseling Psychology
- Counseling psychology
- Educational leadership
- Educational psychology
- Higher education administration
- Sport management
Department of Teaching and Learning
WSU College of Education
Office of Graduate Studies
Pullman, WA 99164-2114
- Jason Sievers
- Nick Sewell