INFORMATION FOR CONTRIBUTORS
Please observe the following guidelines when submitting
articles to WJBS:
- Format of the manuscript must adhere to the convention of style described in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). Please use references, not footnotes or endnotes.
- Include a separate title page that lists all authors, departmental affiliations and a mailing address for correspondence. Because of the blind review process, the only place the author’s name may appear is on a separate title page.
- Manuscripts should be approximately 5 to 30 pages (including references) and must contain an abstract of approximately 120 words.
- Double space all lines including block quotations, notes and figure captions and leave at least a 1-inch top/bottom, left/right margin.
- Submit a cover letter that requests review of the manuscript. This cover letter should adhere to the guidelines found in the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.). In addition, include a statement that the manuscript is not under consideration elsewhere nor has it been published in whole or in part in another journal.
- It is the author’s responsibility to secure permission to reproduce quoted text, tables or figures from a copyrighted source. If it is required, you must obtain written permission and enclose a copy with your manuscript submission.
- Final version of the accepted manuscript must be accompanied by a Copyright Transfer Agreement signed by all authors.
- Authors of accepted manuscripts will receive notification of acceptance and instructions for publication (e.g., revisions needed before publication, camera ready figures, electronic version of manuscript, etc.).
- Submit manuscripts via email to email@example.com
- Manuscripts that do not follow these guidelines will be returned to the author for correction prior to review.
Correspondence concerning manuscripts, subscriptions,
reprints and editorial policies should be addressed to:
Paula Groves Price, Editor-in-Chief
The Western Journal of Black Studies
Washington State University
314 Cleveland Hall
Pullman, Washington 99164-2103