Applications for the 2021-2022 academic year are now closed!!!
Dear Students and Families!
Welcome! We’re glad to know that you are interested in submitting a WSU ROAR Application. This page details the specific steps that you need to take in order to successfully complete and submit your application for our review. Overall, the process includes: (1) completing a web-based student application, (2) submitting an application fee by mail, and (3) submitting two applicant recommendations forms by email. The instructions to complete each of these steps are provided in more detail below. Once all of this information has been collected, our program’s admissions committee will review and score each application to determine if the candidate will advance to the interview phase of our admissions process. This phase will also include an informal Functional Skills Assessment. After the interview phase of our admissions process, all candidates will be notified about the status of their application.
Before you begin, please make sure that you are familiar with the following:
- Program overview to learn more about program: https://education.wsu.edu/undergradprograms/wsuroar/wsuroaroverview/
- List of Frequently Asked Questions, including eligibility, costs, visit: https://education.wsu.edu/undergradprograms/wsuroar/faqs/
We recognize that the application requires a lot of information, and we’d like to support you through the process as best as we can. If you have questions as you are completing application, run into technical issues, or need support, please contact us at email@example.com.
Are you ready to ROAR!?!?!
PROGRAM APPLICATION (COMPLETED ONLINE):
- Complete this web-based Student application (APPLY TODAY!), which requests:
- General Applicant Information
- General Parent/Guardian Information
- Applicant Educational Background
- Applicant Medical History
- Applicant Work Experience
- An Applicant Personal Support Need Inventory (Eating and Food Preparation; Grooming/Dressing; Hygiene and Toileting; Sexuality, Health and Safety; Household Maintenance and Responsibilities; Travel and Transportation; Use of services and Shopping; Planning and Personal Scheduling; Social Skills)
- Applicant Personal Essay that responds to Four Questions. Here is a link to the four questions.
- Copy of Academic Transcript(s)
- Copy of most recent Psychological/Behavioral Evaluation
- Copy of most recent Individualized Education Plan
- Copy of most recent Educational Evaluation
To request a physical/digital copy of the application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATION FEE (PHYSICALLY MAILED TO PROGRAM ADDRESS)
2. Mail $25.00 non-refundable application fee to WSU ROAR Program. Send to WSU ROAR, P.O. Box 642114, Pullman, WA 99164-2114
APPLICANT RECOMMENDATION FORM (EMAILED TO THE PROGRAM BY PERSON COMPLETING THE FORM):
3. Two Applicant Recommendation Forms are required to be submitted from persons knowledgeable of the applicant professionally and are a non-relative (e.g., teacher, administrator, employer, etc.). These recommendation forms should be emailed to the program by the person who is completed the recommendation, and should be submitted within 10-business days of the program application completed by the student.
Once the application has been reviewed, each application will be reviewed and scored. A personal interview with the student and parent/guardian and functional skills assessment will be scheduled as determined by the Admissions Committee. Interviews and Admissions decisions will occur during the Spring Semester. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.