Knowledge you can use
At the conclusion of the program, students who have actively engaged in all course work and internships/practicums can expect the following:
- Identify and analyze ethical, legal, and socio-cultural issues, and formulate responses for use in managerial decision making and policy determinations in sport.
- Employ principles of strategic planning, and financial and human resource management.
- Assess marketing and media needs and formulate short term and long term solutions.
- Develop and apply critical thinking and abstract reasoning skills in analyzing sport management issues and in managerial planning and decision making.
- Demonstrate information literacy and communication skills.
- Conceive, plan, execute, and evaluate a sports event.