Promoting an informed and equitable society, expanding individual opportunity, and advancing social justice
A skilled workforce is key to economic prosperity. But not every worker in America has the opportunity to rise to his or her full career potential. Opportunity inequality persists in employment, education, and health care. It erects barriers to personal growth and squanders priceless human capital.
The College of Education’s Role
Research Themes Connecting to COE
- Examining the causes and consequences of inequality of opportunity.
- Promoting equity for individuals and communities.
- Furthering economic, education and social policies that impact opportunity, societal cohesion and engagement.
- Improving formal and informal education throughout the lifespan.
COE Programs Addressing this Challenge
- Assistive Technology Lab
- Athletic Training
- Counseling Psychology
- Cultural Studies and Social Thought in Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Leadership
- Educational Psychology
- Language, Literacy, and Technology (LLT)
- Mathematics and Science Education
- Special Education
- Sport Management
- Sport Science
COE Research Centers and Labs Addressing this Challenge
- Clearinghouse on Native Teaching & Learning
- Exercise Physiology and Performance Lab
- Gait and Posture Biomechanics Lab
- Immersive Science Lab
- Learning and Performance Research Center (LPRC)
- Mestizo Center
- Neurocognition Science Lab and Data Center
- Psychology of Physical Activity Lab
- Psychometric Lab
- STEM Center