A program designed for your success!
These learning outcomes are directly related to both the university-wide learning goals and to the curriculum guidelines established for accreditation by the Council on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA).
The program will train students to:
- Incorporate an understanding of ethical, legal, and socio-cultural issues in managerial decision making and policy determinations in sport
- Employ sound principles of strategic planning, financial management, risk management, and human resource management in sport
- Apply a fundamental knowledge and practical understanding of sport marketing, communication, and event management principles
- Utilize critical thinking and abstract reasoning skills in analyzing sport management issues and in managerial planning and decision making
- Demonstrate information literacy and oral, written, and group communication skills
- Develop research skills in sport management