Special Education – Master’s Degrees Student Learning Outcomes (SLOs)
After completing the Special Education Master’s degree program students will:
- Demonstrate an appropriate depth and breadth of understanding about the field of special education and disabilities.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and ability to evaluate, understand, and communicate (oral and written) special education ideas and research.
- Demonstrate an understanding of and ability to synthesize and apply special education research to problems of practice through skillful inquiry.
- Demonstrate and apply scholarly habits of curiosity, inquiry, skepticism, and data-based decision-making.
- Demonstrate understanding and valuing of diversity through pedagogical and inquiry endeavors.
- Demonstrate a professional identity appropriate for future career plans.