Writing a Paper, Thesis or Dissertation?
APA and Word Style Writing Help
You’ve been asked to submit a formatted paper or your getting ready for your first draft of your thesis or dissertation to go to your advisor, then here is some great information to help you along the way.
What is APA (American Psychological Association) style of writing? Well that is a style of publication that the College of Education chooses to follow for writing/formatting to make reading and citations standardized in this specific field.
- APA downloadable Sample Papers (7th Edition)
- APA Style and Grammar Guidelines
- APA Headers
- APA Table and Figures
- Bias-Free Language
Tired of manually changing all your headers to bold, all cap, and center for your header ones or bold, sentence case, indented for your header fours? Then learning Word Styles is for you. This formatting tool will make you a superuser and your professors will thank you for having standardized formatting in all your papers.
- Apply Styles
- Customize or Create New Styles
- Add a Citation (Table or Figure) into your Word Document
- Specific Run-On Headings – How to use a Style Separator
Stumped? College of Education (COE) students are welcome to ask the COE Office of Graduate Education at firstname.lastname@example.org for help.
Graduate School – Thesis and Dissertation Guidelines
Time to put all your information into the format of a WSU Thesis and Dissertation? Here are some helpful guidelines.
WSU Writing Center
Need help, the Graduate Writing Center is for you. They assist graduate students from all disciplines with all types of written communications from research papers and publications to cover letters and curriculum vitae.
- WSU Libraries. Getting Started, Conducting a Literature Review
- WSU Plagiarism Information Site
- WSU Libraries. Writing Help & Citation Formats
- WSU Libraries. APA a Quick Citation Guideline
- Cite While you Write
- Zotero @ the WSU Libraries
- WSU Libraries. Research Guides – Education, general page
- WSU Libraries. Research Guides – Higher Education, main page