- Research course rotation
- Forms and deadlines
- Requesting an exeption
- Forms and documents by specialization
- Scheduling dissertation/thesis proposal meetings
- Independent study
- ELCP exam schedule
- Research data collection
- Education Graduate Organization
- Useful links
Prerequisites for research courses for doctoral students
EdRes 562 - Doctoral standing in education or EdPsy 505 or concurrent enrollment
EdRes/EdPsy 563 - CoPsy 501 or EdRes 562 or admission to the EdD program
EdRes/EdPsy 564 - EdRes/EdPsy 563
EdRes/EdPsy 565 - EdPsy 508 and EdRes/Edpsy 563
NOTE: Prior to a student enrolling in EDPSY/EDRES 565, the student should be very familiar with both conceptual and technical aspects of central tendency and variability measures, regression and correlation, hypothesis testing, z-tests, t-tests and analysis of contingency tables. Below is a list of general topics that should be covered before EDPSY / EDRES 565 in such a course as EDPSY 508 or equivalent.
List of Topics:
- Displaying Data, Frequency Tables, Graphs
- Percentiles and Percentile Ranks
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measures of Variability
- Normal Distributions and Standard Scores
- Normal Distribution
- Introduction to Correlation
- Introduction to Simple Linear Regression
- Sampling Distributions
- Introduction to Hypothesis Testing
Testing Hypotheses about a Single Mean
Hypothesis Testing for Independent Samples
Hypothesis Testing for Dependent Samples
- Chi-square Goodness-of-Fit Test
- Chi-square Test of Independence
Throughout your program, you will be required to submit various forms. Most of these forms can be found on the Graduate School's website. Be aware of the forms required and the timeline for submission of the forms. It is the student's responsibility to be apprised of all deadlines and to ensure that forms are submitted on time. The Graduate School Deadlines and Procedures Form provides specific deadlines.
If you miss a deadline for submitting a form, need to withdraw from a course after the deadline, or any other issue should arise that would require you to petition your department or the Graduate School, please complete the College of Education's exemption justification request form. Please do not complete a Graduate School Petition Form. Complete the Exemption Justification Request Form and return it to the Office of Graduate Studies. Your request will then be forwarded to your committee chair and the area coordinator or department graduate studies committee for consideration and then to the Department Chair for final approval. You will be notified via email of the department's final decision. If your request is approved by the department, the form will then be sent to the Graduate School for their final approval.
To schedule your dissertation or thesis proposal meeting, please have your committee sign the D-1/T-1 scheduling form. A D-1 form must be completed at a dissertation proposal meeting. A T-1 form must be completed at a thesis proposal meeting.
In order to enroll in an independent study, you must complete and submit either:
the ELCP Independent Study Enrollment Form for the department of ELCP or
the T&L Independent Study Enrollment Form for the department of Teaching and Learning.
The Department of Educational Leadership &Counseling Psychology develops a schedule each calendar year for preliminary and comprehensive exams.
For all student projects (individual and class) that involve data collection from human participants but do not meet the federal research guidelines for the IRB process complete the following form.
All WSU Graduate Students must complete the RESPONSIBLE CONDUCT OF RESEARCH EDUCATION TRAINING. This training can be found at myResearch.wsu.edu. Once you have completed the training, please forward your email confirmation to the College of Education Office of Graduate Studies at email@example.com.
- Education Graduate Organization (EGO), networking and support organization for graduate students enrolled in the College of Education
- Becoming a graduate assistant or teaching assistant
- Teaching Tips and Resources for TAs
- Glossary of Graduate Terms
- Resources and Information for Graduate Students on Appointment
- Financial Resources for Graduate Students
- Graduate Student Resource Guide
- Online Resources
- Masters Degree Online
- Learning & Performance Research Center
- National Aquatics and Sports Medicine Institute
- WSU Graduate School home page
- Graduate and Professional Students Association
- International Enrollment
College of Education
Office of Graduate Studies
Pullman, WA 99164-2114
- Jason Seivers (509) 335-9195
- Nick Sewell (509) 335-7016
If your contact information should change, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the new information.
Also, please ensure that WSU has your most recent contact information.