Welcome and overview
Renee Holt, doctoral student in Cultural Studies and Social Thought in Education and Dr. Francene Watson, Clinical Assistant Professor, Department of Teaching and Learning.
The Clearinghouse on Native Teaching & Learning mission is to identify effective curriculum resources, high-quality professional development materials and disseminate useful information and products to improve PreK-12 teaching and learning for American Indians and Alaska Natives. In collaboration and partnership with the Plateau Center for American Indian Studies and the Center for Mestizo and Indigenous Research & Outreach, the Clearinghouse on Native Teaching & Learning will be promoting American Indian and Alaska Native education on the Washington State University (WSU) campus as a resource for teachers, administrators, faculty, students, and staff from the local and regional community.
Northwest Association of Teacher Educators -
2014 Annual Conference
This year the Clearinghouse on Native Teaching & Learning is supporting the themes connected to the annual Northwest Association of Teacher Educators Conference. The theme this year is “The Essentials: What Should We Be Teaching?” Our proposal deadline is now Friday, April 25th (extended).
The Clearinghouse provides a variety of services and expertise pertaining to research in Indian education to WSU students and faculty and those interested in learning more about Indian education issues.
We assist in:
- Literature searches for class assignments, research projects, or professional development;
- Compiling archive materials in either print or electronic form;
- Networking with local schools and organizations serving Native students;
- Identifying exemplary resources: curriculum, books, articles, and classroom materials;
- Outreach and on-site visitation;
- Supporting pre-service and certified teachers' professional development in collaboration with the College of Education, Department of Teaching & Learning;
- Collaborating with local, regional and national organizations regarding K-12 curriculum and instruction, program and activities.
- Native Achievement Gap Study
- Resources available at the Clearinghouse
- Online resources
- Interactive tribe map
*To schedule an appointment to meet with faculty or staff, please call the number below for more information.
The images are copyrighted by artists Andy and Ruth Peterson.