Washington State University's ProTeach Support Program provides guidance and encouragement to teachers working toward their Professional Certificate. Our trained instructors will help you navigate the journey and assist you in preparation of your portfolio. The process can be challenging and confusing. Our instructors will share their expertise with you to make your personal journey as smooth as possible. We can save you time as you move through the process and help you achieve your goal...the Professional Certificate. It is critical that you plan in advance to determine when you need to get started. You should allow enough time to resubmit if needed.
Completing the process does not indicate you have earned your Professional Certificate. You must receive your passing score before your certificate expires.
The ProTeach program can be completed online, in-district or on-campus in Pullman/Vancouver, Spokane, or Tri-Cities. Teachers interested in attending an on-campus program should contact the specific campus (see right column).
Teacher candidates that completed the portfolio within the beginning of their teaching experience performed better than those that completed it with 7 or more years of teaching experience (PESB 2012).
ProTeach support program options
- Two courses: ProCert I & ProCert II ($500 per course*)
- Each course runs fifteen weeks
- Teachers will meet once a week for 3 hours
- Instructor/teachers create schedule of meeting dates/times
- 45 clock hours available for each course ($2/hr)
* Online non-credit program has an additional $100 fee per course
- Pre-assessment Seminar, T&L 541 - 3 credits
- Culminating Seminar, T&L 543 - 3 credits
- May enroll for either credit or non-credit (see above for program details)
- Fall courses run from September - December
- Spring courses run from January - May
For a complete overview, visit the online support program page.
To have a ProTeach support program delivered in your school district, contact Debra Pastore.
WSU's ProTeach Support Program can be completed online, in-district or on-campus in Pullman/Vancouver, Spokane, or Tri-Cities.
WSU Pullman, Spokane & Vancouver
(Online or in-district)