Washington State University's ProTeach Support Program provides guidance and encouragement to teachers working toward their Professional Certificate. Our trained instructors will help you navigate the journey and assist you in preparation of your portfolio. The process can be challenging and confusing. Our instructors will share their expertise with you to make your personal journey as smooth as possible. We can save you time as you move through the process and help you achieve your goal...the Professional Certificate. It is critical that you plan in advance when to get started. You need to allow enough time to resubmit if needed.
The ProTeach program can be completed online, in-district or on-campus in Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities or Vancouver. Teachers interested in attending an on-campus program should contact the specific campus (see right column).
Data from assessed ProTeach portfolios indicateTeacher candidates benefited from using a support provider and they outperformed those that did not use a support provider (PESB 2011).
Teacher candidates that completed the portfolio within the beginning of their teaching experience performed better than those that completed it with 7 or more years of teaching experience (PESB 2011).
ProTeach support program options
- Two courses: ProCert I & ProCert II ($500 per course*)
- Each course runs fifteen weeks
- Teachers will meet once a week for 3 hours
- Instructor/teachers create schedule of meeting dates/times
- 45 clock hours available for each course ($2/hr)
* Online non-credit program has an additional $100 fee per course
- Pre-assessment Seminar, T&L 541 - 3 credits
- Culminating Seminar, T&L 543 - 3 credits
- May enroll for either credit or non-credit (see above for program details)
- Fall courses run from September - December
- Spring courses run from January - May
Teachers will complete professional development/learning experiences concurrently during both courses.