The College of Education offers programs for personnel seeking initial certification and experienced educators looking for additional certification. Here you will find a complete list of programs offered by WSU across all campuses.
- Initial Teacher certification
- Add-on endorsements
- ProTeach for the professional certificate
- National Board certification
- School counselor certification
- Principal, program administrator and superintendent certification
- BA Education learning outcomes
- Administrator professional certification
- International school leadership certification
If you're interested in becoming a teacher at the elementary or secondary level, Washington State University can help you meet your goals. Initial teacher certification is available at our Pullman, Spokane, Tri-Cities and Vancouver campuses.
In Washington there are three options to adding an endorsement to a valid Initial, Residency, Continuing, or Professional Teacher Certificate
Teachers who hold valid Washington Residency Teacher Certificates, have completed two consecutive years of successful teaching and have signed third-year contracts since the issuance of their residency teacher certificate with a Washington public or approved private school should work toward their Professional Teacher Certificate. (Formerly ProCert).
This program is for for K-12 teachers interested in becoming National Board certified.
The two-year International School Leadership Certificate program is a collaborative effort between the University of San Francisco and Washington State University. It is designed for educators in the East Asia Regional Council of Overseas Schools (EARCOS).
Learn more about the International School Leadershp Program at WSU
This is a job-embedded, contextualized professional development and certification process. The process focuses on increasing leadership skills in order to impact student learning. For more information, click here or check with contacts below.
- Apply to WSU's add-on endorsement program
- Educator Retooling Program of Study
- Available endorsements, self-evaluation forms
More endorsement information